This article is a little different to our normal SanDanDesigns posts, but with the Pandemic that is COVID-19 hitting people worldwide, we thought we would create a “Guide to surviving Corona Virus for Bullet Journalers!”
Disclaimer: *We want to make it clear no advice in this article is from a COVID-19 trained medical professional and that medical advice etc should be sought from trained professionals and health organisations*
What is Corona Virus?
Corona Virus Is a virus that causes infection in your nose, sinuses and upper throat. In December 2019 Corona Virus19 was first identified in Wuhan China and has since spread globally. It is an infectious disease caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome corona virus 2 (SARS-CoV2) This Global outbreak of corona virus is also known as COVID-19
COVID-19 spreads mainly through person to person contact. When an infected person coughs small droplets (packed with the virus) into the air they can be breathed in or cause an infection If you touch a surface they have landed on and then your eyes, mouth or nose. Infections can range from mild to severe.
What are the symptoms?
The early symptoms of COVID-19 are:
- Dry Cough
The Cough is a new continuous cough meaning you will be coughing a lot for more than an hour or having 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours. COVID-19 can cause pneumonia, respiratory failure, septic shock and death. If any of the following symptoms occur get medical attention immediately (WebMD):
- Trouble breathing or shortness of breath
- Ongoing chest pain or pressure
- New confusion
- Can’t wake up
- Bluish lips or face
If your exposed and infected symptoms can take as few as 2 days to show and as many as 14 days.
What can be done to prevent the spread of Corona virus?
Attempts to prevent the spread of COVID-19 can be made. Doing the following can help to slow or prevent the spread:
- Wash your hands frequently – with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, alcohol based sanitizer is a good back up
- Catch coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues then throw them away, if you dont have tissues use your sleeve
- Avoid touching eyes, mouth and nose with unwashed hands
- Practice social distancing – stay home as much as possible, and if you have to go out stay 2 metres away from others in public.
- Disinfect all surfaces you touch frequently as often as possible – thinks like television remotes, light switches and door handles are prime examples
Where is Corona virus hitting?
COVID-19 is a global pandemic that is hitting/has hit over 175 countries and territories at the time of writing this article (April 1st 2020).
As of writing this the United Kingdom has 29,474 confirmed cases, 2352 deaths and 135 recovered cases. The worst hit nation is the United States with 214,444 cases. Italy has the most deaths with 13,155 whilst they have 110,574 cases.
The global case count is 932,605 with the global death count at 46,809 and the number of recovered cases at 193,259 (at the time of writing this)
World Response to Corona virus
In response to corona virus many countries are ordering mandatory lockdowns with businesses, shops, restaurants and all none essential establishments being forced to close. Only key workers are being advised to go to work, anyone else is being told to work from home.
Social distancing is fast being the single most important phrase in the world and is one of the greatest tools available for helping to stop the spread of this life threatening Corona Virus.
What Corona Virus means for Bullet Journalers
With many parts of the world on lockdown, one big positive is additional free time everyone will have, which means a chance to Bullet Journal. At a time like this when things are most chaotic, keeping up on Bullet Journaling can be one of the most useful things you can do to help yourself.
Bullet Journals are perfect for organising and planning ahead and there has never been a better time to plan ahead than now with COVID-19.
At SanDanDesigns here are our top bullet journaling tips for surviving through Corona Virus:
- Create a dedicated work space – to allow you to work on your Bullet Journal away from the stresses and strains of Corona Virus, one that can be kept clean.
- Make use of Daily Spreads – These can be amazing for organising your day and are great for setting 2 or 3 tasks you want to achieve during the day and working towards completing them
- Use your Bullet Journal for tracking Corona Virus – A multitude of different spreads can be made to track Corona virus. We will be releasing an article with our top COVID-19 spreads
- Emergency Box – Make up an emergency box for if COVID-19 hits you, that contains essentials you’ll need in an emergency such as Water bottles, medication, sugary snacks etc. This can be kept upstairs or wherever its needed. Supplies for the emergency box or contents within it can be tracked in your BuJo.
- Drink Water – Be sure to stay well hydrated especially when your spending time working on your Bullet Journal, this is important always but even more so in the wake of COVID-19
- Plan ahead– With all the additional time of being on Lockdown, this is the perfect opportunity to get ahead in your bullet journal and plan layouts and themes for a few months in advance. Its also a great opportunity to experiment with new spread ideas
COVID-19 is growing in severity every day and following national guidelines is the best way to help slow and contain the spread of this pandemic.
Bullet Journals can be a really helpful way to organise, track and manage COVID-19. We would love to hear about how COVID-19 has affected you so please leave a comment below with/if it has affected you. Has Bullet Journaling helped you?
For medical advice and guidelines on Corona Virus check out some of the following sites..